Prep Time 10 mins. Cooking Time 20 mins.
- 6 leeks
- 250ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Thyme sprigs, plus extra leaves to serve
- 200g frozen peas
- Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Discard outer, darker, tougher leaves from the leeks, then halve each into 2 shorter lengths and rinse under cold running water.
- Make mushroom soup as per directions and keep warm.
- Pour the chicken or veg stock into a large, wide shallow pan, then scatter in the garlic and thyme sprigs. Lay the leeks in the pan, trying not to crowd them, then season with pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 mins until almost tender. Tip in the peas, bring back to the boil and simmer for a further 5 mins until the veg is cooked. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the leeks, peas and garlic to a warm serving dish,
- pour over the mushroom soup, season with extra pepper.