This is a long time favorite of our’s, easy to make while you doing other stuff.Served with rice or pasta shells makes a lovely lunch or supper dish.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 10mins
- Cooking Time 1hr 10mins
- 1 red /yellow or green pepper,sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, skin on and bashed with the flat of a knife
- 250ml hot chicken stock
- 1can of chopped tomatoes
- Small handful of any olives, drained
- 250g of Sliced Spanish chorizo, (cooking type is best but any will do)
- 8 x chicken thighs, skin on, bone.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Scatter the sliced peppers and olives over the base of the roasting dish, then add the thyme leaves and garlic cloves.
- Season the chicken thighs and sit them on top of the vegetables, then add the chorizo to the tray.
- Pour the tined toms and stock into the tray, around the chicken and chorizo.
- Cover with foil and put the tray in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 220c
- Remove foil and roast for 10/15mins.